I’ve got a fun new tool for you to use! It’s called Polygon.
With the polygon tool, you have the ability to limit search results to a specific area you map. This is great for avoiding certain areas and zooming in on specific areas you’re interested in.
Some cool things you can do with the tool include:
- Set up a map search to view all the listings inside the shape that you draw
- Set up saved searches that send you listings inside a shape that you draw
To use the polygon tool in your map search, you’ll want to do the following:
- In any of my search tools on this website, click Advanced Search.
- Refine your search in terms of price, minimum beds, baths, etc. You will want to do this before creating your polygon shape otherwise the data will not transfer over.
- Click on Map Search.
- Click on the Polygon tool. It’s located at the top center of your map and looks like this:
- Click on your map where you would like to create a vertex in your shape. Do not hold down your mouse button and drag. You must click to drop down a vertex, and then the line will follow your mouse until you click again.
- Mouse over each blue dot within the shape you’ve created to see a snapshot of the property.
- Click Save this Search.
Here’s a video of how it works in action! (This video will open in a new window.) Or contact me and I’ll be happy to help. I can even set up searches for you.